Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Celebrating New Year's Eve?

Today, I was having another random conversation with two of my co-workers and that was about celebrating NYE. Everyone around me seems to have plans and/or is conflicted between more than one plan for NYE whereas I did not have any plans up till yesterday. I had half a thought of just sleeping through it as NYE did not have any special significance for me except completion of another wasted year of singleness.

One of my co-worker was mentioning that it is very lame to sleep through NYE as it marks a new year. Having seem 27 NYE of which I rarely remember any, I don't see the point of having to celebrate it. I wonder why is there such a lot of social pressure to celebrate the NYE with drinking. Is it a celebration or depression drinking? Well everyone would have their answers but is it such a big deal.

But just for sake of clarification, I do have two invites of which I am not sure if I will accept either one. Start or end of an era for me does not have specific dates on the Gregorian calendar. It is more to do when I have made my mind to move on to the next phase of life. I wish everyone thought of it.

No comments: