Thursday, January 7, 2010

Needs, wants & desires!

Today is the last winter-storm I will be experiencing for sometime. I mean a real winter storm and not a splutter of snow and everything shuts down but where there is accumulation of snow and people still go about business as usual.

Most people hate the winter and would want to get out of the place if it was not for any other reason but seldom get that opportunity whereas I love the snow and winter weather but I am being forced to go out of the region by my own personal choice. If it was not for want of a better career; I would have loved to stay in Michigan.

There is so much to do in Michigan - biking, golfing, UPper region, etc. I do agree the roads are horrible, hardly anything to do during the winter which a lot of people would enjoy, plethora of accidents, wearing thick winter coats to a bar/club where there is no coat closet, etc... but people don't realize that the positives of the region are also because of the winter - lakes are always full of water, land never gets destroyed due to heat, no dirt flying around, short summers but busy summers, extremely active people etc.

One of the few things I have learnt in my life is to look at the positive and trying to make it bigger than the negative for there is both positive and negative in every walk of life and the more weight we give to one vs. the other, the more biased we will be. Now how will Metzger be proud if we cannot use bias to influence our and others' thought processes to get the desired outcome. :)

No comments: